Editor’s note: This originally appeared on Analyse Asia, a weekly podcast hosted by Bernard Leong, dedicated to dissecting the pulse of business, technology, and media in Asia. The podcast features guests from Asia’s vibrant tech community.
Steve Glaveski, founder of Collective Campus & host of the FutureSquared podcast joined us in a conversation to discuss corporate innovation in Asia Pacific. We discussed the concept of corporate innovation and how companies from Asia Pacific are thinking about disruption as a whole. Last but not least, we discussed the backstory behind Steve’s award winning FutureSquared podcast and the interesting stories from his guests.
Here are the interesting show notes and links to the discussion (with time-stamps included):
- Steve Glaveski, Founder of Collective Campus (@SteveGlaveski, LinkedIn) [0:38]
- How did you start your career? [1:07]
- Throughout your career, what are the interesting lessons that you can share with my audience? [2:41]
- Can you briefly talk about your role as the founder of Collective Campus and what do you do? [3:56]
- Can you talk about some of the interesting case studies which your company has advised on corporate innovation? [4:53]
- Corporate Innovation in Asia Pacific [9:30]
- Can you define what corporate innovation in today’s context? [10:15]
- The problem with most major corporations is that they treat their innovation arm as a support unit and unable to integrate with the major business lines. In your opinion, how can this problem be resolved? [12:13]
- There are different perspectives on corporate innovation: one view is that they should spin it off as a separate company and let them compete with the company and the other view is to grow it from within inside but have the issue of incumbent vs disruptor. How do you balance between these perspectives? [17:01]
- How are Asian companies handling corporate innovation? [22:14]
- What are the best practices for the innovation manager to handle corporate innovation? [27:43]
- Reference: The Innovation Manager’s Handbook Vol 2 by Steve Glaveski.
- FutureSquared podcast (Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Stitcher) [30:07]
- What is the inspiration behind the podcast? [30:14]
- What are the major themes of the podcast? [31:22]
- Who are the interesting guests on your show and what are the lessons learnt? [32:33]
TechNode does not necessarily endorse the commentary made in this program.