Editor’s note: This originally appeared on the China Business Cast. China Business Cast is a podcast featuring experienced entrepreneurs and business people making things happen in China. If you want to learn from on the ground accounts of how business actually gets done in China, this is the program for you.
Yiping (Joe) Xia is the co-founder and CTO of bike-sharing company Mobike.
Prior to working at Mobike, Joe Xia worked as head of APAC Uconnect Connectivity at Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, APA SYNC team leader at Ford Motor Company, and senior engineer for system and software development at ZTE.
He finished his Master of Science (M.S) in Telecommunication and Information Systems at University of Essex in 2006, and his Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Communication Engineering at Nanjing University of Posts and Telecommunications in 2004.
Listen to the episode here or subscribe.
- Joe Xia explains how Mobike started and how the co-founders came together
- Joe describes what a typical day is for him
- As we see the first consolidation of bike sharing companies in China, Joe discusses if this a viable strategy for them to reach a larger market share
- Question for Joe: Do you see a merger with Ofo one day, just like the User Didi deal? Two giants consolidating eventually?
- Joe shares which markets he wouldn’t go into and why
- Joe discusses upcoming interesting new development
- Question: If you wouldn’t be the CTO of Mobike what would you be interested in doing?
- Joe recommends two books for entrepreneurs
- Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
- Insanely Simple: The Obsession That Drives Apple’s Success
TechNode does not necessarily endorse the commentary made in this program.