This week, Matt and John take a look at the stories and trends of 2018, including gaming restrictions, Tencent’s restructuring, the delivery and coffee wars, WeChat mini programs, and Bullet Messenger. This is the second of two parts.
- The relevant episodes:
- Gaming: 18: China’s gaming and e-sports industry with Daniel Ahmad, 39: PUBG and the future of Steam in China with Charlie Moseley
- Tencent: 45: Tencent vs Alibaba – The battle for China’s offline retail with WSJ’s Liza Lin, 61: How technology has changed music in China
- Delivery and O2O: 42: China’s mobility and transport market gets all mixed up
- Luckin and the coffee wars: 46: Internet business models disrupt China’s coffee market: Luckin Coffee, 56: China coffee wars revisited: Luckin vs Starbaba
- Mini programs: 35: A change in WeChat is a change in Chinese society, 65: Walmart China: Ted Hopkins live from TechCrunch Shenzhen
- Bullet Messenger: 58: Is Bullet Messenger a WeChat killer?