China Tech Talk is an almost weekly discussion of the most important issues in China’s tech. From IPOs to fake data, from the role of WeChat to Apple’s waning influence, hosts John Artman and Matthew Brennan interview experts and discuss the trends shaping China’s tech industry.
Make sure you don’t miss anything. Check out our lineup of China tech podcasts.
Facial recognition has taken off in China. Perhaps the most widely implemented use case, facial recognition is used to deter jaywalkers, track attention and behavior in schools, catch criminals, monitor live streamers, and more. Unlike Western countries, China’s privacy protection laws are almost non-existent, but that is changing with draft legislation soon to be released
- What is China’s plan for facial recognition?
- How is facial recognition being used now?
- What are the local attitudes toward the technology?
- Video: Facial recognition is on the rise in China
- Upgraded AI surveillance helps nab student suspected in mother’s murder
- Inside China Tech podcast
- Become a member of TechNode Squared