China Tech Talk is an almost weekly discussion of the most important issues in China’s tech. From IPOs to fake data, from the role of WeChat to Apple’s waning influence, hosts John Artman and Matthew Brennan interview experts and discuss the trends shaping China’s tech industry.
Make sure you don’t miss anything. Check out our lineup of China tech podcasts.
China’s social credit system (SCS) gets a lot of attention outside of China yet it’s still very misunderstood. Many scholars and China watchers have shed light on the topic, but none have done it so concisely and accessibly as Kendra Schaefer and her team at Trivium China. She joins us this week to explain how the SCS is a broad framework for better regulation and enforcement and how it applies to companies, individuals, and government agencies.
- What is the purpose of the SCS? How far along is its development?
- Is the SCS only for individuals?
- How does the SCS apply to companies?
- How are China’s cities gamifying SCS?
- 77: Peer-to-peer lending in China—Tech-driven shadow banking with Andrew Polk
- The apps using social credit in China
- Executive Summary: UNDERSTANDING CHINA’S SOCIAL CREDIT SYSTEM
- China’s Social Credit System: An Evolving Practice of Control
- Keeping track of social credit
- EUROPEAN CHAMBER REPORT ON CHINA’S CORPORATE SOCIAL CREDIT SYSTEM A WAKE-UP CALL FOR EUROPEAN BUSINESS IN CHINA
- Become a member of TechNode Squared
- Kendra Shaefer, @triviumchina