TechNode has held events to promote startups for five years, beginning with Asia Hardware Battle in 2016. This year, TechNode Global’s new COVID-19 fundraising campaign – Life’s A Pitch! will be merged with Asia Hot-tech Battle for the entire competition period in 2020, focusing on discovering rising stars and helping with fundraising efforts.
Welcoming startups in our broadest range of verticals yet, Asia Hot-Tech Battle will focus on emerging technologies that drive developments across industries, encourage quality innovation in Asia’s tech ecosystem, and have applications across different fields and professions, including consumer electronics, internet of things, artificial intelligence, fintech, smart mobility, proptech, new retail, medtech, edutech, and foodtech.
Every startup that attends will have a chance to pitch to leading Asian VCs including Gobi Partners, Qiming Venture Partners, Burda Principal Investments, Kairous Capital, and Lightspeed China Partners and have a chance to proceed to the AHB grand finals.
City pitches will be held in Beijing, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Taiwan, Wuhan, Chengdu, Xi’an, Singapore, Japan, India, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, and Vietnam (we will continue to monitor the event climate as the situation evolves).
AHB x LAP virtual pitch is open only to participants that are outside of China, in the Asia region, and Chinese startups that have operations in markets in SEA. Chinese startups that are keen to participate can still apply but will be participating in a separate track within China until the grand finals.
- Startup applicants should display tech innovation and have a commercialized product or working prototype
- Startups that have successfully achieve seed funding up to Series B ONLY
- Startup has to be based outside of China and in the Asia region, (Chinese startups that have operations in the SEA market is eligible)
Participants have opportunities to receive the following:
- Virtual meetups with top-tier VCs
- Progress to AHB finals to compete with other outstanding startups from different parts of Asia
- TechNode exclusive media coverage for the top 15 finalists
- Cash prizes, industry networking, and financial advisory services for the winning startup.
The first session of Asia Hot-tech Battle x Life’s a Pitch will be held on June 29, 2020 at 2 p.m. (GMT+8). Please apply to join the battle here.
Dates for future events:
AHB & Life’s A Pitch 2
July 16, 2020, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (GMT+8)
AHB & Life’s A Pitch 3
July 30, 2020, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (GMT+8)
AHB & Life’s A Pitch 4
Aug. 13, 2020, 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (GMT+8)
Visit the AHB website for more information.