The 9th Overseas Talent Entrepreneurship Conference (OTEC) Global Entrepreneurship Competition is now open for application.
The Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan session of this year’s competition is co-organized by OTEC and TechNode to strengthen the connection between Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan entrepreneurs in Chaoyang District, encourage enterprises, investment institutions, and social organizations from mainland China to connect with entrepreneurs in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan and to develop economic prosperity in the three regions.
The competition will focus on these four divisions: new consumption, health tech, data intelligence, and digital economy in the Beijing Free Trade Zone Chaoyang Area. Eight candidates will be shortlisted to present their projects at the Beijing Project Roadshow on July 27, together with two other editions: Berlin, Germany, and the Asia-Pacific region.
- The founding team must include at least one overseas returnee (need proof of working/studying abroad) or foreigner (passport).
- The company must be established not more than 2 years by January 1, 2020.
- The company must receive not more than A-round funding.
- No requirement for the nationality of the founder(s).
- The company must be established between 2 – 10 years by January 1, 2020.
- The company must be a growth-stage startup between A-round and B-round funding.
To apply, please complete and submit the application form HERE by July 23, 2021. We look forward to receiving your applications!
If you have any inquiries, please contact Wang Juan: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mainland China Division
- New consumption such as lifestyle, education, culture and creativity, and new sports.
- Healthtech such as biomedicine, medical big data, and medical AI.
- Data intelligence such as artificial intelligence, integrated circuits, smart travel, smart hardware, industrial Internet, and cloud services
- Digital economy in Chaoyang District of Beijing Free Trade Zone such as digital trade, cultural trade, business exhibitions, international delivery logistics, and cross-border finance
1. Overseas Talents edition
2. Berlin, Germany
3. Asia Pacific (One Belt One Road)
4. Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan
5. The European Union and the U.K.
Special Invite Division
1. Big Data Application: Hong Kong Session
2. Algorithm Best Practice: Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Session
3. New Sports: Beijing Yanzhang Session (Yanqing, Zhangjiakou)
4. New Consumer Industry: Central China Session (Changsha)
5. One Belt One Road Session (Kunming)
6. Future City: Xiong’an Session
7. HICOOL Entrepreneurship Project Session
Each company can only participate in one session per division. The organizing committee reserves its rights to the final interpretation of the aforementioned terms and conditions.