The e-commerce business of short video app TikTok achieved nearly RMB 6 billion in gross merchandise value (GMV) in 2021, Chinese local media outlet 36Kr reported, citing several people with knowledge of the matter. The sources said that Indonesia accounts for more than 70% of the app’s GMV, while the UK represents the remaining 30%. The ByteDance-owned app plans to double its e-commerce GMV to roughly RMB 12 billion this year, the report added. TikTok’s e-commerce business is dwarfed by its Chinese sibling Douyin, which achieved RMB 500 billion GMV in 2020 and reportedly had a RMB 1 trillion GMV target in 2021. [36Kr, in Chinese]