Although the global economy faces enormous challenges in the post-epidemic era, technological innovation is showing us extraordinary potential. With cloud computing, artificial intelligence, big data, the Internet of Things, and 5G as core technologies, new technological innovations and product solutions today are revolutionizing all aspects of traditional businesses, such as autonomous cars, robots to reduce costs and increase efficiency, and the metaverse that transcends the boundary between virtual reality and reality.
Earlier, BEYOND officially announced that “Technology Redefined” will be the theme of BEYOND 2023, which will be hosted in Macao from May 10 to 13. In line with this concept, BEYOND Expo 2023 is set to reach new heights in terms of scale, attendee influence, diversity of industries and enterprises, number of exhibitors, and overseas visitors. As the impact of technology on social and human development is still a key focus of BEYOND, thousands of outstanding tech innovation companies will showcase their breakthrough technologies and products at BEYOND Expo 2023, a tech gala that is all set to attract global attention!
BEYOND Expo launched the BEYOND Awards to demonstrate cutting-edge innovation, promote comprehensive integration and interaction between capital, industry and innovation, fully realize the impact of technological innovation, and encourage more participation in shaping future trends. BEYOND Expo 2023 launched the BEYOND Awards, including the BEYOND Innovation Awards and BEYOND Impact Awards. The BEYOND Awards established the Healthcare Innovation Award, the Sustainability Innovation Award, the Consumer Tech Innovation Award, and the BEYOND Impact Awards to discover innovative technologies and companies, highlight outstanding individuals including technological products and services, and demonstrate the infinite possibilities of technological innovation and its impact on the global community.
BEYOND Innovation Awards
The BEYOND Innovation Awards has established three awards for its three sub-brands: Healthcare, Sustainability, and Consumer Tech. The goal is to identify and promote the most innovative companies and products featuring breakthrough technologies and industry-leading solutions of the year. Award winners will be judged by the BEYOND Awards Jury based on a variety of factors such as technical content, commercial value, and innovation. Each year, a total of 30 award-winning enterprises are selected across the three categories of the BEYOND Innovation Awards.
BEYOND Impact Awards
The impact of technology on social and human development is one of BEYOND’s main concerns. Therefore, the BEYOND organizing committee established the BEYOND Impact Awards. Based on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the UN, these awards recognize companies that have made significant contributions to the environmental, social, economic, and technological fields. These companies have addressed carbon emissions, public health, environmental protection, and social poverty alleviation through technological innovation under the premise of carbon neutrality.
The process includes the following sections:
Launch – Nomination – First Round of Selection – Second Round of Selection – Final Selection – Media Matchmaking Meeting / Awards Ceremony
2023 selection calendar:
January 10: Official launch, nomination channel is opened
March 10: Nomination deadline
All nomination information must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on March 10, 2023, through the BEYOND Awards official nomination portal. Extensions or submissions from other sources will not be accepted for any reason.
March 10-15: First round of selection
Initial screening to weed out applications that do not meet the criteria for nomination
March 15 to April 15: Second round of selection
Confirmation of shortlisted candidates with 30 candidates selected in each category. Finalists will be announced no later than April 15.
April 30: Final selection
BEYOND Awards jury meeting to select finalists
BEYOND Awards media matchmaking meeting: See the BEYOND Expo official calendar
BEYOND Awards ceremony: See the BEYOND Expo official calendar
- The nomination is open worldwide; all companies and institutions can apply via online nominations. The only official portal for self-nominations is the BEYOND Awards official nomination portal.
- Referral nominations are jointly nominated by BEYOND Expo sponsors and BEYOND Awards partners. The only official portal for nominations is the BEYOND Awards official nomination portal.
- Industry: Open to all innovative technologies, products, and solutions that contribute to industrial and social development. The industry should belong to the “Healthcare”, “Sustainability,” and “Consumer Tech” areas that the BEYOND Innovation Awards focus on.
- The applicant must be a legally registered company or legal institution.
- Innovation Awards: The submitted product must be first marketed or released after March 1, 2022, or must be marketed by March 1, 2023, or it must be a technology or project that will be released in the interim and for which intellectual property rights have been acquired.
- The technology and products submitted with the application must not infringe any intellectual property rights, including but not limited to patents, copyrights, and trade secrets.
- The products or projects must be submitted in the relevant product category. Specific categories with built-in options can be found in the nomination form on the official website.
- Each nomination must be submitted in .jpg format and must not exceed 10MB in size. For intangible products, applicants can submit screenshots or diagrams.
- The BEYOND Awards winning trophy
- The right to use the BEYOND Awards logo
- Direct access to the BEYOND Expo international investment and finance matchmaking meeting in Macao, and one-on-one communication with representatives of investment institutions
- Honorable display on the official website, and the opportunity to participate in the BEYOND Awards offline media matchmaking meeting in Macao.
- 100% subsidy for a standard booth at BEYOND Expo (limited to one booth per company) to showcase the award-winning products and projects to the global audience in Macao. The booth will feature a special logo for the BEYOND Awards finalists.
- A corporate member at the co-founder level will receive a Macao travel subsidy (economy class) to BEYOND Expo 2023.
- Special benefits for 2022 award-winning companies: a discounted booth at BEYOND Expo 2023 (specific benefits to be announced soon).
Since 2020, BEYOND Expo has been held twice with great success. It has become one of the largest and most influential international technology expositions in Asia, attracting 800+ exhibitors and 55,000+ attendees worldwide. More than 150 industry forums with 500+ innovative business leaders as speakers will provide a global platform for insightful technology exchange.
BEYOND Expo will be held at the Venetian Macao Convention and Exhibition Center, which is spread across approximately 100,000 square meters and can accommodate more than 1,000 exhibitors. We expect more Fortune 500 corporates, large cross-border enterprises, tech unicorns, and startups to participate in this year’s event. At the same time, there will be more than 100 events and networking sessions. We look forward to connecting with global tech innovation enthusiasts and facilitating in-depth interaction in all fields, including enterprise, product, capital, and industry to promote the global tech scene in the Asia-Pacific region and the world.