TechNode is looking for a general news reporter to cover breaking stories and enterprise news in a fast-paced newsroom covering China tech.
- You have experience covering breaking news on deadline.
- You are skilled at communicating across cultures. While your second language abilities may not be 100% fluent, you are still able to effectively communicate with others from different backgrounds.
- You are driven to get to the bottom of things, and creative about finding ways to cover a story.
- You have an innate and insatiable curiosity about the world around you. You always want to know more and understand the trends, forces, and people that are changing the world.
- You are available to work in Shanghai or Beijing.
- You have experience with or deep-seated interest in writing about China’s thriving technology sectors, from e-commerce to new energy vehicles to artificial intelligence. Bringing a contact roster with you is a big plus.
What you’ll do
We are a growing team so you’ll likely get involved in a little bit of everything, but here are some of the main things you’ll be doing:
- Sourcing, pitching, and writing news stories about China’s technology and startup ecosystems.
- The general news reporter will work with beat reporters to provide additional coverage on beats, and to cover stories that don’t fall within a current beat.
- Communicating with the editorial team about stories, sources, and deadlines.
What you’ll get
- Opportunities to meet and make connections with the people changing our world.
- A friendly, supportive, and fun-loving team of colleagues to work with.
- An experience like no other: tell the story of China’s rise and expertise in the tech arena.
- In-depth knowledge and a thorough understanding of the tech industry in China.
- A professional team who is focused on producing great content. Work with stars and heavyweights who are doing their best work in their careers, and get the necessary expertise to be good at what you do.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply, please fill in this form (may require a VPN). Please submit examples of at least three published stories, ideally in a single PDF.