- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 3 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 4 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 15 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 15 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 16 days ago
Meizu M9, Looks As Good As iPhone 4, Out Before Christmas
China Unicom said it had over 1million iPhone contract users. But compared with nearly 700millions mobile phone users, that figure sounds nothing. iPhone 4 is hot, but for the majority of Chinese users, it’s expensive. If you find in tier-1 cities such as Beijing, Shanghai where iPhone 4 seems everywhere, don’t be fooled, in tier-2, tier-3 cities, although some people knows Apple iPhone, but it is not the most wanted phone. People is expecting something cheaper but also good. Meizu M8 rocks the market as the best copy of iPhone in China (read our previous coverage about Meizu App Store). Now Meizu M9, becomes one of the most wanted dream phone. M9 is available for pre-order in Meizu’s street store starts from early this week, and according to J Wong’s, CEO of Meizu microblogs, M9 should be out before Christmas (exp. 18th December).
Take a look at the latest released M9 photo, it looks amazing. Operating System-wise, it goes for Android2.2 (with modification). The key specifications are also quite attractive:
- CPU: 1 Ghz Cortex A8-based Samsung S5PC110
- Display: Sharp 3.54inch, 960×640 pixel resolution, 16 million colors
- Graphic chipset: build-in PowerVR SGX 540
- Camera: 5 megapixels camera
- Connectivity: Bluetooth / WiFi (WAPI) / GPS / TV-out (via mini USB)
- Expansion slot: Micro-SDHC
- Multi-touch: 10-points multi-touch screen.
And the price, for 8G rmb2,499 (~$370), 16GB rmb 2,699 (~$399). The following photo is very latest shot from J Wong himself.
J Wong, the driver of Meizu, the Chinese Steve Jobs as his fans called him, yesterday also revealed some specs for the next edition of M9, named M9II: 4″ display, 1280×854 or 1280×800 pixel resolution, Samsung A9 dual-core mobile CPU, 1G RAM and 1G ROM, 16G storage. I would not say it is just a copy of iPhone anymore.
Enjoy M9 video ads below which is actually produced by Meizu fans. People are obviously very excited.
You may also Read:
- Meizu, Chinese Best iPhone-Liker Is Testing Its App Store
- Soon You Can Port Your Old Number To China Unicom Then Sign an iPhone 4 Contract
- Confirmed, iPhone 3GS Available In China In Q4 2009. Sorry, No Wifi
- Oops, 73% China Unicom iPhone Users From China Mobile
- Apple Is Recruiting In China, Preparing For iPhone Launch