- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 8 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 9 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 19 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 20 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 21 days ago
Chinese Browser Vendor UC Released New Engine U3
U3 combines the strengths of webkit layout engine (also used by Google Chrome and Apple Safari) and cloud-based infrastructure, it’s fast, safer, smart and highly extensible. One of its intriguing feature is its ability of traffic compression which can reduce up to 60% of mobile traffic consumption, which is a bless for mobile users.
Some highlights of U3 mobile engine:
FASTER – Based on Webkit layout engine, speed increased by 60%
SMARTER – U3 engine can smartly and automatically adapt to complicated mobile network coverage in China (Wifi, 2G, 3G).
SAFER – Based on the UC Cloud Security Center, U3 engine can serve as a defense against security risks.
TRAFFIC CONTROL – With new compression algorithm, UC can save over 60% of mobile data consumption
EXTENSIBLE – New engine supports all kinds of 3rd party extensions, including Xunlei(for download), Video&Audio(for amuse) and so on.
According to UC, new browser will be released in the second half of this year, including Android, iPhone, Windows Phone 7 and Symbian version.
You may also Read:
- Maxthon Released Its Mobile Version for Android
- UC Released UC Paradise, an Open Platform For Mobile
- China Mobile to Release Its Own Mobile Browser
- Sohu Released iPhone App for Its SNS, New Battle For Chinese SNSs Is On
- Chinese Online Retailers Ready to Take off – StarWatch Report Nov Edition Released