- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 10 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 11 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 22 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 23 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 24 days ago
UMeng Raise ~$10M from Matrix Partners, Targeting at Mobile Advertisement Market
We reported the rumor 2 months ago saying UMeng, the Innovation Works portfolio company was to close its serial A funding. Today, the news has been confirmed by UMeng team: around $10 millions has been raised for this round and Matrix Partners is the lead.
UMeng helps developers analyzing and making sense of all the data that can be gathered from mobile app users, devices and markets. Launched in August 2010, it is currently serving around 10,000 mobile apps and over 50 millions mobile devices.
David Zhang, the Founding Managing Partner of Matrix Partners published a weibo disclosing this deal. He said the reasons:
- Team – UMeng’s core team is from Google and also attracted many ex Baidu, Microsoft, Samgsun, Taobao staff;
- Achievement – UMeng’s achievement in past one year has shown its great potential in this market;
- Future – UMeng is dealing with the data in the mobile industry, and has the chance to become one of the infrastructure-like platform for the mobile internet.
“We will keep up with what we’ve been doing and bring better solution for developers.”Jiang Fan, CEO of UMeng said, “and the mobile advertisement market will be one of our focus in near future.”
[Note, UMeng will join our TNT Beijing Salon - "SDK's Business Value" at 7th, August. The registration is now open.]
You may also Read:
- Matrix Partners China Gives Investment Tips to Start-ups
- Innovation Works’ UMeng About to Close Its Several Millions Dollar Fund
- UMeng Introduces Social, Cloud Storage Functions For App Users, Developers
- Innovation Works Darling – Umeng, Grows Up
- 34.6% of iOS Devices in China Are Jailbroken, According to UMeng’s Report