- Sogou CEO Admitted Talks with Qihoo on Potential InvestmentPosted 8 days ago
- Taobao Turns Ten Today: A Look BackPosted 10 days ago
- Alibaba Invests US$294 million for 28% of AutoNavi, Becoming Its Biggest ShareholderPosted 11 days ago
- [Updated]Baidu Acquires PPS for $370 million in Cash, Will Merge It Into iQiyiPosted 14 days ago
- Alibaba Confirms Investment in Sina Weibo, Taking An 18% Stake for $586 millionPosted 22 days ago
Report: Half of iDevices Are Jailbroken in China
Innovation Works portfolio company UMeng which helps app developers gathering up app usage statistics released its latest report on iOS usage in China. According to the report, as of late July of this year iPhone 4 commands 84% of all iDevices while iOS 4.3 becomes the dominant version with a drastic increase from 0.5% to 69.3% in 7 months.
- iPad2 grows rapidly to 59.8% share in all iPads.
- iOS 4.3 hits mainstream from 0.5% to 69.3%. New iOS the mainstream iOS version,increased from 0.5% to 69.3% among 7 months. New iOS update easily outruns older version in a month after launch.
- With some similarities to Android penetration, Guangdong、Beijing、Shanghai、Zhejiang、Jiangsu remains a stronghold of iDevices, combined commands 50.5% of iOS devices market.
- 1 out of 8 or 9 people in Beijing owns an iPhone.
- When it comes to app usage, iPhone users are not that different from Android guys. During weekdays, business, travel, information and news apps are among the top-used categories. While at the weekend game, photo, music, social and lifestyle apps rule.
- People use biz, travel, news app between 8 – 10 AM, while play games, consume entertainment contents between 5 – 9 PM. iPhones are mainly used during daytime (7 AM – 5 PM), while iPad are more active in the night (6 PM – 11 PM).
- Jailbroken devices grew from 34.6% to 51.0% during Q2, aided by numerous iPhone 4 that spread over China.
- 25% of users use an app only once before trashing it.
Photo Credit: UMeng
You may also Read: