- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 9 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 10 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 21 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 21 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 22 days ago
Sina Weibo Launching English Version Soon, With the Partnership of FlipBoard and Instagram
You’ve been wondering when Sina Weibo will be launching its English version. Today, we talked to one official from Weibo management team. He confirmed that the English version of Weibo would be out very soon.
However, launching the site in English is not a big deal (Tencent Weibo’s English version has been launched) .
It’s not about accessing the oversea market, it’s about the oversea companies to access the Chinese users.
The official said they’ve seen a good demand of oversea services which want to connect to Sina Weibo’s service to entertain Chinese users. For the first batch of oversea partners, FlipBoard and Instagram would be in it. With the integration of the Weibo, the Chinese users of FlipBoard and other oversea services would be able to share content on the hottest Chinese social media. “FlipBoard will be launching a Chinese version.” He said, “and of course they will find out a way to get accessible again (Editor: FlipBoard currently is not accessible in China).”
Furthermore, Sina Weibo is also secretly testing its Kik-like feature which can be seen when you send direct message to others on its app. Rumor says Sina Weibo might launch a standalone Kik-like app too, attacking Tencent’s Weixin.
You may also Read:
- 5 Facts You Must Know Before Talking About Sina Weibo and Twitter
- Attention! Sina To Release Its PC version of Weibo Client
- Sina Weibo Virtual Currency Information Leaked, One Weibi is Worth One Yuan
- Sina Weibo Teams up with Find Japan for Local Expansion
- What’s the Next for Sina Weibo, Goes Desktop and Goes More Social