- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 4 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 4 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 15 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 16 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 17 days ago
Weixin 4.2 to Come with Video Chatting
Are you also addicted to Tencent’s messaging service Weixin and keep on chatting nonstop? Good news. The upcoming new Weixin 4.2 will be adding video chatting and many cool functions.
The new version is still in beta and according to some insiders, it’s very exciting. Some highlights about the new Weixin:
- will be available on Web (need a cell to log in though)
- supports video chatting
- supports Bluetooth car kit
- has more powerful security and privacy control
- has a refreshing UI
Currently the web version of Weixin can only be accessed by scanning a QR code with a Weixin 4.2-installed phone. Interestingly, the URL for web Weixin is: next.qq.com, which makes people wonder if it’s a proof for the rumor of Tencent considering transforming Weixin into the QQ in mobile area. In the company’s restructure move in this May, QQ and Qzone were integrated into the Social Networking Group, and Weixin was organized into the Corp. Development Group. Tencent certainly wants to build Weixin into its next QQ in the territory of mobile.
With more than 100 million (433 days after debut) users announced in this March, Weixin pulled off sensational success and has become a phenomenon in Chinese mobile Internet world. Allen Zhang, the lead of Weixin team once said Weixin would not just be a communication tool but also a life style.
screenshot of Weixin 4.2
You may also Read:
- Tencent Weixin’s Open Platform Launched
- Breaking, Pony Ma Confirms that Tencent’s Weixin Has Reached 100 Million Users
- [Exclusive] Allen Zhang, VP of Tencent Talks About the Future of Weixin
- Weixin Got Updated: Named WeChat, Added Facebook Connect, 7 Languages and Path-like Feature
- Rumor, Tencent Wants Its Weixin To Rock Global Market