- More Chinese Startups Are Moving to Second-tier CitiesPosted 7 days ago
- Meitu Kiss Phone Released. Will Meitu Be Another Xiaomi?Posted 7 days ago
- [Updated]Mobile QQ Users Are Angry With the New Version’s Becoming A WeChat KnockoffPosted 7 days ago
- Sogou CEO Admitted Talks with Qihoo on Potential InvestmentPosted 10 days ago
- Taobao Turns Ten Today: A Look BackPosted 13 days ago
Weixin 4.2 to Come with Video Chatting
Are you also addicted to Tencent’s messaging service Weixin and keep on chatting nonstop? Good news. The upcoming new Weixin 4.2 will be adding video chatting and many cool functions.
The new version is still in beta and according to some insiders, it’s very exciting. Some highlights about the new Weixin:
- will be available on Web (need a cell to log in though)
- supports video chatting
- supports Bluetooth car kit
- has more powerful security and privacy control
- has a refreshing UI
Currently the web version of Weixin can only be accessed by scanning a QR code with a Weixin 4.2-installed phone. Interestingly, the URL for web Weixin is: next.qq.com, which makes people wonder if it’s a proof for the rumor of Tencent considering transforming Weixin into the QQ in mobile area. In the company’s restructure move in this May, QQ and Qzone were integrated into the Social Networking Group, and Weixin was organized into the Corp. Development Group. Tencent certainly wants to build Weixin into its next QQ in the territory of mobile.
With more than 100 million (433 days after debut) users announced in this March, Weixin pulled off sensational success and has become a phenomenon in Chinese mobile Internet world. Allen Zhang, the lead of Weixin team once said Weixin would not just be a communication tool but also a life style.
screenshot of Weixin 4.2
You may also Read:
- Tencent Weixin’s Open Platform Launched
- Breaking, Pony Ma Confirms that Tencent’s Weixin Has Reached 100 Million Users
- [Exclusive] Allen Zhang, VP of Tencent Talks About the Future of Weixin
- Weixin Got Updated: Named WeChat, Added Facebook Connect, 7 Languages and Path-like Feature
- Rumor, Tencent Wants Its Weixin To Rock Global Market