- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 7 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 8 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 19 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 19 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 20 days ago
Winenice Announcing Series B Round, Building Retail Experience Center
Winenice, Chinese B2C vertical focusing on wine as well as other liquors reportedly announced yesterday raising Series B round of financing without disclosing any details on the deal.
The funding would go towards ramping up customer experience across the board and would also be used to build retail experience center nationwide, according to Lv Yide, CEO of the company.
Founded in 2008, Winenice is the first of its kind. It raised about RMB 80 million in the first round. The company’s turnover in this year is expected to be RMB 300 million, a 100% growth over last year’s RMB 150 million.
China has replaced Japan as the largest Asian drinker in 2009, and according to a stats by China Customs, the total import value of wine to China increased 70% in 2010.
YesMyWine and Jiuxian, two of the major competitors of Winenice all raised new rounds despite economic downturn as investors catch a whiff of the opportunities behind Chinese consumers’ growing interests on fine wines and the shifts from offline purchase to online buy.
You may also Read:
- Jiuxian.com Completed Series B Round from Sequoia and Oriental Fortune Capital
- Social Shopping Site Mogujie Raising Series C Round
- DDMap Announces Series D Round from Citi Ventures and Alibaba
- Chenwei Ventures Led Series A Round in Mobile Shopping App
- Chinese Hotel Booking App Bingdian Grabbed Series A Round