The TechCrunch China Startup Competition is on! And we are happy to announce that Gobi Ventures will join the jury to pick outstanding contestants for the Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund and the Gobi VC awards.
Here are the detailed rules and regulations about the Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund competition:
The eligible outstanding projects in the competition will be given priority investment opportunities by AEF. (Gobi Venture Capital reserves all rights for investment decisions and final explanations.)
- Hong Kong nexus
- A majority of business founders are Hong Kong permanent residents; or
- The meaningful operations of the company are carried out in Hong Kong;
- Potential to grow and expand to other markets
- Your business has moved beyond the brainstorming phase and has customers or a prototype or a viable product; or
- Your company possesses innovative and unique business ideas that are scalable, financially viable and have high potential to grow, preferably by utilizing resources from the Alibaba ecosystem; or
- Your business is disruptive to an existing industry or has the potential to create efficiencies or deliver enhanced user experiences
Big Data, Cleantech, E-commerce, Education, Fintech, Healthcare, Internet of Things, Logistics, Media & Entertainment, Software & Security
As the world’s second most competitive economy, Hong Kong is an important hub for global finance, trading, and transportation. This year, TechNode is going to bring our Startup Competition to the entrepreneurial city together with our partners Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund and Gobi Ventures.
In addition, Gobi Ventures will also be presiding as judges for the Gobi VC prize.
The top five finalists will be awarded interest-free convertible debt bonds, totaling RMB 2 million.
1st place: RMB 1 million
2nd place: RMB 500,000
3rd place: RMB 300,000
4th and 5th place: RMB 100,000 each
About Gobi Ventures
Founded in 2002, Gobi Ventures is a leading venture capital firm with an investment focus on early-stage, digital media, IT and TMT companies. Headquartered in Shanghai, Gobi has six offices across China, Hong Kong, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. The firm has raised nine funds to date and has invested in over 200 portfolio companies across China and ASEAN.
Gobi’s dynamic team of veteran investors and professional managers works closely with portfolio companies, providing hands-on counsel and a wide range of value-added services to help them achieve sustainable growth and stay ahead of the curve. Well-tuned to the pulse of the industry, Gobi’s investments include dozens of successful and rapidly emerging companies such as Camera360, CIB (acquired by Asiasoft – TB:AS), Cloudwise, CSDN.net, DeClout (SGX:5UZ), DMG (acquired by VisionChina – NASDAQ:VISN), Eko Communications, Hermo, Line0, Madhouse (acquired by BlueFocus – SZ:300058), Mainspring, Offpeak, Opzoon (acquired by Harbin Gong Da High-Tech – SH:600701), PICOOC, Stardrobe, Tuniu (NASDAQ:TOUR) and Yoyi Digital.
For more details and to sign up, check out the official site or scan the QR code below:
If you have any questions, please e-mail: shijiaqi [at] technode.com