HAXLR8R, an accelerator program for hardware-based startups around the world, graduated 10 new hardware companies from its recent program based in Shenzhen, China.
The 10 startups are from North America, Europe and Asia, with two from China. During the 15-week program, they built products spanning markets such as robotics, connected devices, Internet of Things (IOT), entertainment and bio-hacking.
- SPARK provides an easy-to-use platform for connected hardware that makes building WiFi-connected products dead simple.
- HELIOS Bars are the world’s first integrated headlight and blinker system for bicycles with an iOS app that gives users custom feature options.
- YEELINK is a platform that helps makers and traditional enterprises create new generation of electronic, connected devices and app-enabled hardware.
- FOCUS brings proven neuroscience to gamers with a Bluetooth controlled, neuro enhancing transcranial direct and current stimulation headset to improve cognitive performance.
- FABULE Fabrications makes interactive and connected devices for the home that are hackable and have their own personalities.
- MOLECULE SYNTH is a modular, infinitely-expandable construction kit for creating electronic musical instruments.
- LIGHTUP is a learning tool for kids that combine an electronics construction kit and interactive digital tutor, to help them understand the fundamentals of modern electronic devices.
- HEX is an open platform aerial robot that can be fully autonomous and managed by a mobile app.
- BLINKIVERSE creates open source building blocks to control LED strips in very imaginative ways for interactive light shows.
- VIBEASE is a smart vibrator and private fantasy marketplace that takes the female orgasm into the digital age.
Of this batch, Yeelink and HEX are from China. Another Chinese one with the program, Makeblock raised $200 thousand from Kickstarter. Now HAXLR8R is looking for more Chinese hardware startups to join in the next batch that will start on August 1st in Shenzhen. Interested applicants please apply here.
Leave a comment