This week we are talking WeChat! The king of Chinese internet – how can small businesses tap into it? We have Matt Brennan from China Channel giving us some tips and insights on today’s show.
The goal of China Business Cast is to help entrepreneurs who want to learn how to do business in China. The podcast features conversations with experienced entrepreneurs and business people who’ve built their businesses in China. We’re here to dig into the details so you can learn from real, on-the-ground accounts of how business actually gets done.
TechNode does not endorse any commentary made in the program.
- How a Small Business Can Leverage Wechat for a Chinese Business Kick Start
- Intro Matt and China Channel
- Early beginnings of China Channel
- Where are we with WeChat now in summer 2016 in terms of numbers?
- So let’s talk to the listeners today who are outside of China. They have an SME, maybe doing a few hundred thousand dollars a year in sales in their home country. Can they do business in the Chinese market? Some say get bigger first – you think they have a chance to do something here at this stage?
- WeChat is making life for businesses and people much easier – so what can some of these overseas businesses do?
- But for an overseas business, an official account can’t reach local Chinese right? What should they do? Should they even bother with an official account?
- Is it all about official accounts, or can they leverage personal accounts, groups, and other elements of Wechat?
- How about your own WeChat channel? How is it going? How did you get yours up to the level it is ? How to build up that important initial following?
- Ways to stand out from the crowd, as there is so much noise today in WeChat
- How to reach out? Best ways to get in touch
Image credit: China Business Cast