Editor’s note: This originally appeared on China Tech Insights, an English research unit affiliated to Tencent’s Online Media Group.
Companies featured in this podcast include Xiaomi, Didi, Ofo, Lenovo, ZTE, Huawei, Alibaba, and social media companies Douban and Momo.
Also in this episode:
- Xiaomi CEO says he will launch AI products within half a year
- Chinese entrepreneurs are now enabling citizens to rent scooters for their commute
- Didi is said to have set up an AI research lab in Silicon Valley
- Bike-sharing startup ofo introduces a new bike and a fare-free campaign has been initiated by the industry
- Lenovo introduces three top execs from the telecom industry in an attempt to reboot its smartphone business
- ZTE agrees to pay USD 892 million in fines to the US government because of unlawful dealings with Iran
- Huawei now occupies 14.3% of the premium smartphone market in Europe
- Social media company Douban launches paid content service
- Momo stock price soars as a consequence of its live streaming service
TechNode does not necessarily endorse the commentary made in this program.