Editor’s note: This originally appeared on the China Business Cast. China Business Cast is a podcast featuring experienced entrepreneurs and business people making things happen in China. If you want to learn from on the ground accounts of how business actually gets done in China, this is the program for you.
Jan Smejkal is originally from the Czech Republic but currently lives in Shenzhen (China). He builds an awesome startup community in China, APAC and beyond on behalf of Startup Grind.
Listen to the episode here or subscribe.
- How Jan got into the startup community scene in China
- Question: You’ve been to San Francisco startup scene and Europe startup scene as well since starting here at Startup Grind in China. Any major differences you are seeing?
- The biggest opportunities to be seen in the startup community in China
- The biggest challenges seen in the startup scene in China
- Question: Any stories of startups you have seen blossom into giants since being involved in the community?
- Strategies entrepreneurs make when raising money in the startup community
- Pitch events, networking and executing
- Foreign startup scene in China and the differences with the local Chinese startup community
- How to best bridge the foreign and Chinese startup communities
- Highlights in Chengdu
- Differences even in the different cities startup ecosystems within China
- How to connect with Jan
- Expert Secrets by Russell Brunson
- Support China Business Cast on our Patron page.
TechNode does not necessarily endorse the commentary made in this program.