Bytedance, formerly known as Jinri Toutiao, is on deck for discussion this week. Beginning from pure textual content and recommendation, Bytedance has seemingly found the key to human attention. While this makes for a great product, and compelling business, whether they can make it in the US market is still unclear.
- Toutiao’s overseas platform is delivering fake news, but its problems run much deeper than that
- Tencent and ByteDance founders argue on WeChat Moments about Douyin
- ByteDance rumored to reach $75 billion valuation after closing pre-IPO financing round
- Bytedance’s teen protection problem
- RSS feed
- China Tech Talk.com
- Music: “Theme from Penguins on Parade” by Lee Rosevere, Music for Podcasts 3