This week, Matt and John take a look at the stories and trends of 2018, including ZTE/Huawei, AI in China, Bytedance, blockchain, and the death of bike rentals. This is the first of two parts.
- The relevant episodes:
- Huawei/ZTE: 47: Shenzhen style innovation: IP protection, ZTE, and manufacturing standards with Benjamin Joffe of HAX
- AI: 62: AI Superpowers with Kai-Fu Lee
- Bytedance: 66: The next Facebook will be Chinese
- Blockchain: 38: Trends in early-stage Chinese startups and blockchain with Edith Yeung
- Bike rentals: 42: China’s mobility and transport market gets all mixed up, 25: Mobike goes global with Florian Bohnert