TSMC, the world’s largest contract chipmaker, held its annual shareholders’ meeting in Hsinchu on Tuesday. The company is experiencing a significant surge in demand for advanced packaging solutions that has surpassed its current production capacity, Chairman Mark Liu confirmed at the meeting. The company intends to expedite investment and expansion in advanced packaging, driven by increasing orders from AI-related fields that require advanced packaging capabilities. Liu noted that approximately 75% of TSMC’s development funds are allocated to advanced manufacturing processes, while the remaining 25% is dedicated to special manufacturing processes. According to 2022 financial reports, TSMC achieved NT $2.26 trillion ($73.5 billion) in revenue. This meant it accounted for 30% of the global semiconductor output value (excluding memory chips) last year, a 4% increase compared to 2021. [Jiemian, in Chinese]