- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 7 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 8 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 19 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 19 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 20 days ago
A Simple and Innovative Solution for China Mobile Subscribers To Use China Unicom’s 3G Network
It’s not easy for me to describe this little gadget. I got it from a friend who said it’s only available in certain cities. It looks like an official product from China Unicom, but it’s actually for China Mobile subscribers. My friend said it’s a product that China Unicom is selling under the table.
It’s like a film sticker which you can attach it on China Mobile sim card and it itself is also a sim card comes with a China Unicom data plan.
Thanks to WCDMA and iPhone sale, China Unicom is considered the best 3G provider. More and more China Mobile subscribers want China Unicom’s 3G usage on iPhone, but the dilemma is that they have to sign the contract and get a new China Unicom mobile number. Note that in China, you can not just port the number from one operator to another. So here comes the solution.
Basically, you just attach that film sticker (card) on your China Mobile sim card, then insert it back to your phone. What happens is that you can still make/receive the call, send/receive sms message etc using China Mobile service, but in the meanwhile, you can also surf the internet using China Unicom’s 3G network. As we said before, it is pre-paid data card which means you can just do top-up when the credits run out.
It’s so impressive, and I bet China Mobile will get pissed off by this innovative product.
The following image is found on 91.com.
You may also Read: