- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 4 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 5 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 15 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 16 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 17 days ago
Alibaba’s Mobile Social Network? LaiWang.com Quietly Launched
It’s not the first time for Alibaba trying to enter the social network. Taojianghu is its first product with serious interest in social networking. It makes sense for Alibaba’s eCommerce business as Taojianghu is built around Taobao, in other words, it’s meant to be a social eCommerce platform. The bad news is that Taojianghu has not gone really social at all, still.
However, Alibaba did not give up the social network market. Today, a new social networking site Laiwang.com is quietly launched, and the domain is registered by Alibaba.
Laiwang, in Chinese means In Contact. Also Read from its About, it says Laiwang is to help everyone to keep in touch with the connections with their good friends, track your wonderful moment in your life, anytime and anywhere. The service is available to on both Android and iPhone. So it sounds like a social network for mobile.
Mobile market leaves plenty of opportunities for everyone. The launch of Laiwang, does it mean Alibaba wants a bit market in mobile social work? and will it become a sort of mobile social eCommerce service? We will see.
You may also Read:
- RenRen's Professional Social Network Launched, At The Same Day When Linkedin Reaches 100Millions Users
- GezBox, Building a Healthy Mobile Social Network Around People’s Real Purchase
- Japanese DeNA Launched Mobage, the Mobile Social Game Platform for China
- Kaixin001 To Launch Haibei, a Group-focus Social Network Site
- CEO of Wealink Resigned, Professional Social Network in China Still Uncertain?