- Sogou CEO Admitted Talks with Qihoo on Potential InvestmentPosted 6 days ago
- Taobao Turns Ten Today: A Look BackPosted 9 days ago
- Alibaba Invests US$294 million for 28% of AutoNavi, Becoming Its Biggest ShareholderPosted 9 days ago
- [Updated]Baidu Acquires PPS for $370 million in Cash, Will Merge It Into iQiyiPosted 12 days ago
- Alibaba Confirms Investment in Sina Weibo, Taking An 18% Stake for $586 millionPosted 20 days ago
Alibaba’s Mobile Social Network? LaiWang.com Quietly Launched
It’s not the first time for Alibaba trying to enter the social network. Taojianghu is its first product with serious interest in social networking. It makes sense for Alibaba’s eCommerce business as Taojianghu is built around Taobao, in other words, it’s meant to be a social eCommerce platform. The bad news is that Taojianghu has not gone really social at all, still.
However, Alibaba did not give up the social network market. Today, a new social networking site Laiwang.com is quietly launched, and the domain is registered by Alibaba.
Laiwang, in Chinese means In Contact. Also Read from its About, it says Laiwang is to help everyone to keep in touch with the connections with their good friends, track your wonderful moment in your life, anytime and anywhere. The service is available to on both Android and iPhone. So it sounds like a social network for mobile.
Mobile market leaves plenty of opportunities for everyone. The launch of Laiwang, does it mean Alibaba wants a bit market in mobile social work? and will it become a sort of mobile social eCommerce service? We will see.
You may also Read:
- GezBox, Building a Healthy Mobile Social Network Around People’s Real Purchase
- RenRen's Professional Social Network Launched, At The Same Day When Linkedin Reaches 100Millions Users
- Japanese DeNA Launched Mobage, the Mobile Social Game Platform for China
- TradeSparq Introduces Social Sourcing, It Is the Alibaba Combined With Linkedin
- How to Run the Professional Social Network in China, Interview with Co-founders of UShi.cn