- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 5 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 6 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 17 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 17 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 18 days ago
Alibaba Confirms Acquisition of Xiami, Will Launch Music Services for Taobao
Alibaba confirmed with Sina Tech that they had completed the acquisition of music service Xiami, but purchase price wasn’t disclosed. (in Chinese) Back in January this year, Alibaba was restructured into 25 business units and Xiami team was included in the music unit.
Taobao will launch an interesting service in a joint effort with Xiami that allows consumers to listen to music when shopping online by the end of April.
It is expected that Taobao and Xiami will roll out more offerings together on both PC and mobile ends. Taobao’s search results will probably include not only goods and stores but also songs and artists in the future.
Update: Users can login to Xiami with Taobao accounts directly from early May.
You may also Read: