- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 10 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 11 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 22 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 22 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 23 days ago
WeChat Games: One Released, Ten More to Come
Tencent rolled out the beta version of WE-LINK (as shown above), a mobile social game developed by Tianmei Yiyou, a game development team under Tencent (via Tencent Tech). It’s the first title released not only for Mobile QQ users but also for WeChat users.
The China’s Internet giant is reportedly to release ten more mobile games including the three we reported before, We Love Pang, We Runner and Fight the Landlord. Those will cover a variety of categories, link-up, music, cards, etc. All of these games will enable WeChat and mobile QQ logins.
In addition, the smash hits of Fruit Ninja, Temple Run 2, Moon Wolf, Tower of Saviors and Plants vs. Zombies 2 will be introduced to Tencent gaming platform.
WE-LINK is a link-up game, currently only available on Android:
1. Score rankings bring more fun among QQ/WeChat friends.
2. Gamers can share their scores to friends.
3. Interactions with friends win more playing time.
4. Virtual currency is available for purchasing gaming tools to achieve higher scores. Payments are supported by Tenpay, Tencent’s payments service, and WeChat Payment that will be released with the upcoming WeChat 5.0.
You may also Read:
- WeChat about to Launch Three Games, Developed In-house
- Weixin Got Updated: Named WeChat, Added Facebook Connect, 7 Languages and Path-like Feature
- WeChat Announced 70 million Overseas Users, Will Open up to Third-party Developers
- All You Should Know about WeChat
- It’s Not Necessarily Either Wechat or Mobile QQ