- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 8 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 9 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 20 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 20 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 21 days ago
iQiyi Partnered with Skyworth and JD to Release STB Priced at 299 Yuan
iQiyi, the online video service of Baidu’s, rolled out today a 299 yuan ($48.81) set-top box, named Super Definition Box (not official translation), together with Skyworth, JD.com (formerly 360Buy), and Galaxy Internet TV (report in Chinese).
Made by Skyworth, a leading home appliance manufacturer in China, the box will integrate the video contents from iQiyi, PPS, a peer-to-peer online video service iQiyi just merged, CNR, and Jiangsu TV Station.
iQiyi continued its cooperation with JD.com (previous 360buy.com), which also sells the Internet TV launched by the company this September. The first batch of 10,000 Super Definition boxes will be open up for preorder on JD.com form Oct. 25. The product will be shipped from Nov. 1.
Galaxy Internet TV, an Internet TV operation company jointly established by CNR, Jiangsu TV Station and iQiyi, will be responsible for the operation of the new product.
Super Definition Box underlines a new cooperation model among traditional home appliance manufacturers, video companies, and e-commerce services. The cross-industry cooperation mechanism will give full play to the advantages of each player, citing Chang Baocheng, vice president of Skyworth.
Before iQiyi makes inroads into the already-crowded Chinese Internet TV market, LeTV, Alibaba and Xiaomi have already released similar products. Hardware companies like Huawei and Coship also released homegrown STB products in the second half of this year.
You may also Read:
- iQiyi to Release Smart TV in One Month
- Baidu iQiyi Released Smart TV, Partnering with Local Manufacturer TCL
- China Online Video Roundup: Tencent, Advertising Money, iQiyi
- iQiyi: Breaking through with Home-made Videos
- iQiyi Sees 200 million Users on Mobile Devices Each Month, Now Supports Cross-platform Advertising