John and Matt talk about Douyin, the breakout short video app of 2017, how it stacks up against Kuaishou (aka Kwai)—China’s “low” humor video app—and some predictions for short video apps in 2018.
- China Tech Talk 08: How Chinese internet celebrities are taking over e-commerce
- Behind the success of Kuaishou, the biggest social video sharing app in China
- The Economist asks: Will China’s tech giants overtake Silicon Valley?
- Toutiao parent launches global competitor to musical.ly
- How Douyin became China’s top short-video App in 500 days
- RSS feed
- China Tech Talk.com
- Music: “Theme from Penguins on Parade” by Lee Rosevere, Music for Podcasts 3