China Tech Talk is an almost weekly discussion of the most important issues in China’s tech. From IPOs to fake data, from the role of WeChat to Apple’s waning influence, hosts John Artman and Matthew Brennan interview experts and discuss the trends shaping China’s tech industry.
Make sure you don’t miss anything. Check out our lineup of China tech podcasts.
Just weeks after Facebook announced their Libra cryptocurrency project, the People’s Bank of China has become quite vocal about their on-going project. Most recently, the PBOC announced that China’s digital currency is “nearly ready.” Following on from our previous conversation about Libra and QQ Coin, this week we’re joined by Zennon Kapron, director of Kapronasia, to look at what Libra means in a global context as well as China’s plans to launch its own digital currency.
- What are the biggest implementation and adoption challenges for Libra?
- Why don’t governments like cryptocurrency?
- How does a digital currency affect the RMB’s status?
- What are the downsides of a digital fiat currency?
- China Tech Talk 33: Fintech IPOs and the future of money in China with Zennon Kapron
- China Tech Talk 80: Libra lessons from WeChat and QQ
- China fast-tracks development of national digital currency in response to Libra
- China’s digital fiat currency is ‘nearly ready’ for launch: PBOC official
- WeChat Conference: CHina CHat 2019!
- Become a member of TechNode Squared