1 min read
Report: China Online Gaming Market to Reach $ 8.84B in 2012
China’s online gaming market size is on track to surpass RMB 55.7 billion (US$ 8.84 billion) in 2012, up 20.7% year-over-year, according to a report out today by market researcher AnalysysInternational.
The Beijing-based researcher predicts that the by 2014 the market size will reach RMB 82.6 billion (US$ 13 billion).
AnalysysInternational also noted in the report that webpage-based games and mobile games will be under the spotlight in this year.
Other highlights in the report:
For client games:
- Technology upgrading, more open to outside world, more game genres emerging;
- Bandwidth updating bodes well for the sector.
For page games:
- Technology upgrading, different types of games integrating with each other;
- More game genres emerging upon the market;
- More Chinese gaming vendors step their toes into overseas market.