- WeChat Launched Voice Open Platform and Speech Recognition SDKPosted 10 days ago
- Running A Luxury Flash-Sale Site in China: Interview with Glamour Sales CEO Thibault VilletPosted 11 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] Chinese and Global App Economy Trends: App Annie VP Yu JundePosted 21 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] China Mobile Gaming Market, the Easy Market for Easy Money?Posted 22 days ago
- [TechCrunch Shanghai] How Did Changba Gain 100 Million Users in One YearPosted 23 days ago
The Chinese Clones of FlipBoard
I am not a big fan of iPad. I like it mainly because I am super fan of Apple (fortunately or unfortnately); I miss it when I am traveling and my macbook pro runs out of battery because it’s truly handy; and sometime I do love it, when I need read rss feeds, thanks to FlipBoard which at least for me, is the best and revolutionary application on iPad.
FlipBoard is cool, so inevitably, it becomes (probably) the most copied iPad application in China. Let’s have a quick review of the clones. I would not say it’s better than FlipBoard, but at least they all support Chinese social medias such Sina weibo and have a good list of Chinese content recommended.
1. Zaker (iTunes Download) – supports Google reader, Sina Weibo, Instapaper etc
3. Tencent ICare （iTunes Download）- developed by Tencent, ICare is a fresh way to enjoy the updates and information shared by your buddies on the social networks. Besides you can get the latest and hottest articles,photos,comments shared by the most renowned magazines and newspapers in China.
4. MagSina （iTunes Download）- supports Sina Weibo using Sina Weibo open API
5. Netease Reader (iTunes Download) – developed by Chinese portal, Netease.
6. Bozong News (iTunes Download) – supports Sina Weibo, Kaixin001, Google Reader etc
You may also Read:
- Xianguo, Online RSS Reader Raised $1Million, Chinese RSS Market Is Not Dead
- Groupon Officially Steps Into China, In Talk With Five Chinese Clones
- Groupon ads score @ the SuperBowl, Chinese clones to follow?
- It Is More About Clones, Facebooks Made In China
- 50 Millions Users, Sina To Launch Weibo.com For Its Microblogging Service